Positioned in the stunning Cardrona Valley, Red Deer Cottage is located between Wanaka and Queenstown with lovely mountain views. It is a 20 minute drive to Wanaka with its lakefront and outdoor pursuits, and 45 minutes to Queenstown – the adventure capital of New Zealand with the awe-inspiring Remarkable Mountains. If you are using a GPS device that allows for Latitude and Longitude co-ordinates we are located at latitude -44.883272 and longitude 169.001527. Red Deer Cottage is within a resort at 2326 Cardrona Valley Road, so you need to drive into the resort and directly to the Cottage – Villa 6. Do not go to Reception. Your key will be in the lockbox as discussed with you through your reservation. You will see the location of the villa from the aerial view photo below.
Getting to Red Deer Cottage
From Wanaka via Cardrona Valley Rd (25km with travel time roughly 20 mins)
- Drive along Ardmore Street which is on the lakefront
- Turn Left onto McDougall Street which becomes Cardrona Valley Rd for 23.5 km
- You will pass the Cardrona Hotel on your right
- The next drive way after this (300 m) is the entrance to the resort
From Queenstown Airport (45km with travel time roughly 45 mins)
- From Queenstown or the Queesntown Airport, travel on State Highway 6 towards Cromwell.
- Pass the Arrowtown turnoff on your left and cross the Arrow River.
- You will see the Crown Range Road clearly sign posted a short distance after crossing the river.
- Turn into Crown Range Road and travel this scenic road to the top of the Crown Range and beyond.
- You will see Benbrae resort on your left. Red Deer Cottage is number six.
- If you pass the Cardrona Hotel on your left and have not found Red Deer Cottage, you have gone too far. Turn around and you will see the resort situated next to the hotel.
Red Deer Cottage location